Herndon/Reston Drum Circle Message Board › Drumming workshops with Issam Houshan, Master Percussionist and Internationa

Drumming workshops with Issam Houshan, Master Percussionist and International Superstar

Katayoun
Katayoun
Sterling, VA
Post #: 3
Hello everyone,
This is Katayoun. I'm Artistic Director and dance instructor at Mosaique Center in Sterling. Exciting news! Master percussionist and International superstar Issam Houshan will be teaching dance and drumming workshop in Northern Virginia on Sept 16, 17, 18 and 19! Don't miss this amazing opportunity for professional development, personal growth and a super fun time!
In addition to the evening workshops, there are opportunities just for drummers for two daytime workshops. See details below on daytime drummer only workshops. Please contact Nica (verynica@gmail.com) if interested:

Would you like to have a daytime workshop in Arabic Drumming (Doumbek, Riqq, Daf, etc) with Master Issam Houshan? I am planning two workshops (You can take one or both!):

WHEN: Tuesday, September 17 in Sterling at the Mosaiqie Center and Wednesday, September 18 in Arlington at Ballet Nova
TIME: Both from 12h30-2h30.
FEE: 47$ per day early bird special before September 1, afterwards it is 57$ per day. (He charges a LOT more for privates so this is a great deal!)
He can accommodate beginner through professional levels and I will plan the workshops accordingly!

** I am emailing you first to see the interest level. If I get enough interest, I will contact you again with sign up info. Because of this more informal gathering, I am open to your suggestions to change times and locations according to the majority of your preferences.I will do my best to accommodate you 'cause he is too amazing to not study with!

Don't miss this incredible opportunity to study with Master percussionist Issam Houshan He is the real thing!!

I've learned so much from him and want to share this master with all of you. If you are interested and/or have any questions, please contact me ASAP at verynica@gmail.com. I Can't wait to hear from you! Oh Please feel free to pass this email on to your friends!

XOXO Nica

Check out his incredible playing: http://www.youtube.co...­

Issam Houshan's Bio
Issam was born in Syria and emigrated to the U.S. 24 years ago. He had formal music training in the Damascus Academy of Music and went on to drum for a host of Arab music stars including Hakim as well as with famous bellydancers. He is also the only remaining disciple of the legendary Arab drum master Mahmood Salahadeen. In the U.S. he performed with Sting at the Grammy's and with the Bellydance Superstars in over 400 shows in 16 countries. His versitality also had him playing with Jane's Addiction at Lollapalooza! Issam's background, training and experience have made him in huge demand for drum tutorials and workshops and is currently on a world tour of drumming workshops!

Issam is featured in the film American Bellydancer, Solos From Monte Carlo, Bellydance Superstars, 30 Days To Vegas, Behind The Shimmy, and partners with Sonia on The Art Of The Drum Solo instructional DVD. His CD releases include his own Wassan Pharaoun, The Dancing Drum Vol. 1 & 2, and percussion on the Galactic Caravan albums.