• Distance: approx. 10.2 miles
• Duration: 2-3hrs
• Mostly Class 1 Rapids: Very small rough areas, requires no maneuvering. (Skill Level: None)
• Few Class 2: Some rough water, maybe some rocks, small drops, might require maneuvering. (Skill Level: Basic Paddling Skill)
• Scattered Showers ok, thunders storm cancels
• Rentals are not available unless you arrange for one http://businessfinder.lehighvalleylive.com/PA-Easton/Canoe-and-Kayak
WHAT TO BRING:
• Up to date PA-launch permit (whether a PA resident or not--see below)
• PFD (life vest)
• bilge pump/kayak spray skirt/floatation device etc if you have any
• snack/lots of water, binoculars /camera (optional)
POST CANOE/KAYAK CARB (optional): The Bridge Cafe 8 Bridge St, Frenchtown, NJ 372 ft W (908)[masked]
Ready fo your ist spring paddle of the Delaware River? I am. The trip is a little over 10 miles of paddle via Durham Rd (PA 212) & PA 611 junction ending in Frenchtown NJ. We will do our own shuttling, meeting & dropping off the yaks in Durham river access (Launch site). One person will watch the yaks as we drive and park majority of the vehicles in Frenchtown NJ (end-point). Finally, we will shuttle back to Durham to start the paddle. This event is really suitable to all levels of kayakers and yak sizes since the water is mostly calm & navigable. At the most, rapids are class 1 and probably a couple of areas of class 1 1/2-2. This scenic paddle will include some nice beaches, mini- islands, marshes, scenic homes, historic farms and hopefully, wildlife.
Dick's Sporting Goods (pls call ist to check availability as they easily ran-out)
Muellers Country Store & restaurant -3200 S Delaware Dr, Easton, PA 18042
DISCLAIMER: Participation in activities is strictly voluntary and group members assume all risks in connection with activities per Meetup.com's Terms of Service Agreements, organizers and hike/trip leaders are released from any and all forms of liability related to events. You are responsible for bringing the proper gear including kayak/canoe, PA launch permit, PFD and can moderate in and out of the water by swimming.