Hiking in Utah - with our Dogs! Message Board › Take over the group?

Take over the group?

A former member
Post #: 32
Hello everyone,
I'm too busy to properly keep this meetup going. Does anyone want to take over as Organizer? The dues are paid up through Oct 7, 2012. It's $72 for 6 months.

I'll keep it going as best as I can in the meanwhile.

Shauna
A former member
Post #: 33
Just a reminder that this group WILL SHUT DOWN on Oct 7th if no one takes over a Organizer. If you like to hike or walk your dog and want to invite others to go with you, this is a great way to meet other like minded dog owners. Dues are paid up to Oct 7th.
A former member
Post #: 38
This group will SHUT DOWN on April 7th when I step down as organizer. If you would like to take over as organizer, the dues are $72/6 months. Please email me through the meetup if you are interested in taking it over or if you have any questions. Thanks.
Erika A.
user 43039192
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 2
I am willing to administrate this but I can't afford the dues by myself. If anyone is willing to pitch in, or we could try holding a little fund-raiser I am willing to organize it. If anyone else is interested in chipping in, let me know and I will take the page over.

Erika
Ed
EDnCJ
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 8
Great idea. The Siberian Husky Owners group is willing to pitch in to keep this group going. What about planning a "donation" hike/walk? I would hope there are others around willing to bring a few $$ to a meetup to keep this group around!

Ed
A former member
Post #: 39
Thanks Erika and Ed. Some organizers ask for $1 per person on some or all meetups.
A former member
Post #: 40
Regarding the group closing on 4/7, the $72 dues are not an issue. It's that someone needs to take the group over as organizer. I can't run it anymore.
Erika A.
user 43039192
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 3
Hi Shauna,

I am happy to do the organizing. But as I said before, I can't afford the dues. So if someone is willing to cover the dues, I am more than willing to get out and research some great trails and dog centric activities around the area. I am doing these things already, so inviting others to join me and check it out would be a great way meet other people who share my dog/husky-centric lifestyle. Just let me know what needs to be done.

Cheers,
Erika
A former member
Post #: 41
Hi Erika,
I think it's great that you're willing to organize meetups. As far as I know the only way to pay the Organizer dues is to have it charged to a credit card. I've already removed my card info from the system. They are charged ahead of time, so the charge this month would be for the next six months, taking you into early October. Then you could recover it by asking members to pay $1 each time they attend a meetup, for example. Once you've recouped the $72 in fees you could stop asking for the dollar. Other suggestions that were sent to me recently are that you could attach a link like on some of the other Meetup pages for the members to help pay $3-5 annually to keep the group going. Perhaps you could send a notice out or create an "Event" yearly to remind folks to help out.

If any of these options sounds good then I will step down as Organizer and establish you as the Organizer. Then you can set up your credit card info in the system.

If none of these options would work for you then possibly someone else will offer to handle the money end of it and set up his/her credit card to be charged, while you handle the event end of it.

Thanks,
Shauna
Erika A.
user 43039192
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 4
So today is the 11th and the group is still here. Did someone pay the dues? I know I didn't.