align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Hiking - Charlotte/Piedmont Areas Message Board › Carpool meeting sites -UPDATED 1-30-11

Carpool meeting sites -UPDATED 1-30-11

David K.
user 10152839
Group Organizer
Mooresville, NC
Post #: 35
In an effort to increase and encourage carpooling to events, we are identifying a set of locations that we will recommend as meeting sites for travel to each event, where applicable. When signing up for an event, respond to the carpooling question and state the designated site from the list below at which you will meet.

There is no need for a formal announcement as to who will be there and who needs to meet up with who, just know that folks interested in carpooling should meet there and make the suitable arrangements. Of course, when you RSVP, it will be helpful to communicate your intentions regarding carpooling and LET OTHERS KNOW HOW TO FIND YOU.

Here are the suggested sites along with a Google map of each:

Southwest Charlotte – Costco @ exit 5 (Tyvola Rd) off I-77 Southwest Charlotte

South Charlotte/Ballantyne – Target at Stonecrest, Rea Rd exit off I-485 South Charlotte/Ballantyne

North Charlotte – Target at NorthLake, just past the mall off I-77 Harris Blvd. exit North Charlotte

University Area – IKEA off I-85 & N. Tryon St. University Area

Mooresville – Kohl’s @ exit 36 off I-77 Mooresville

West Charlotte/Belmont/Gastonia – Roses @ Belmont exit off I-85 West Charlotte/Belmont

Rock Hill, SC - Belk Rock Hill Mall off I-77 Dave Lyle Blvd exit Rock Hill, SC

Steele Creek/Lake Wylie - Target near the intersection of Hwy 49 (S Tryon St) and
Hwy 160 (Steele Creek Rd)
Steele Creek/Lake Wylie

Park Road - Fuel Pizza at Park Road Shopping Center Fuel Pizza at Park Road

Of course, these are only recommendations. If you have other locations you want to work out with members, feel free. If you have locations to add or constructive comments, respond to this discussion post.

Thanks and let's make this work for the betterment of the group. DK
David K.
user 10152839
Group Organizer
Mooresville, NC
Post #: 50
Since we have so many new members, I want to bring your attention to the carpool meeting sites we've set up for our events. Here's how it works:

Rather than have the leader select one carpool meeting site, we have the list of sites above all over the area. If you are convenient to any of these for a particular event, you should make arrangements to go to the site in advance of the event, let others know through the event questions or in your RSVP that you are going there, and ask for others to meet there and ride long with you.

Try it out and see how it works. It gets easier after a time or two. As always, let me know if you have questions. DK
Mindy
Minde
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 1
Add Hawthorne Pizza & Bar (at Hawthorne Ln & 7th St) for Elizabeth, Chantilly, Plaza Midwood, and Uptown folks? Thanks
Wendy
user 51133172
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 1
We need an area in Matthews, maybe near I-485. It would also pick up anyone in Mint Hill and Indian Trail. Maybe in the Ashley Furniture lot on I-74. Anyone have ideas?