add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Hike, Backpack, Climb, Travel with Wilderness Travel Course Message Board › Carpooling, Weather Forecast

Carpooling, Weather Forecast

Sharon M.
user 13483422
Long Beach, CA
Hi Everyone,

I am watching the weather forecast. I scouted the hike over the weekend, and I know that the Rim Trail would be very dangerous in wet weather. If we get heavy rain, or rain on Saturday, I'll have to cancel the hike. I'll make the call on Friday morning.

That said, if the hike does go forward, I do have a participant who signed up through the Sierra Club OARS system(not on Meetup) who is interested in carpooling. She is coming from Santa Monica with her dog. Please email her directly if you would like to share a ride. I can't organize carpools, only encourage it and pass along contact information. -->Jean Armbruster,­

Parking outside the Mt. Wilson gate is somewhat limited, and a few hunters parked there yesterday morning, so please utilize the rideshare point to set up carpools.

Hoping to meet you all on Saturday, and Happy Trails,

Larry S.
Torrance, CA
Post #: 15
Dogs are severely limited in the National Forests. Check with the ranger station.