This is a great hike. Going to make it a yearly one. We heard from a previous group that it is snow free to the lake and the lake is clear of snow. So let's check it out. Last year this hiking group saw several mountain goats pass by their lunch location at base of the Aasgard Pass trail.
Starting Elevation: 3400'
Ending Elevation: 5600'
Trail Length: 5.2 miles
Total Length: 10.4 miles
Elevation change: 2200'
Green Trails #209 - Mt. Stuart
Green Trails #177 - Chiwaukum Mts.
WTA Trail Description
This group will hike at a moderately fast pace, 25 to 30 minutes per mile.
We will meet at the Issaquah Transit Center,[masked]th Ave NW, Issaquah, WA 98027, at 8:15 a.m. Meet at the southwest corner of the garage first floor. We will depart from the Transit Center at 8:30 a.m.
From milepost 99 on US 2, on the western edge of Leavenworth, follow the paved Icicle Creek Road (Forest Road 76) for 8.4 miles, turning left onto Eightmile Road (FR 7601). Continue on this washboarded dirt road for 3.8 miles to a large parking lot and the trailhead (elev. 3400 ft). Privy available.
Schedule and Itinerary
- 8:15 am - Meet at the Issaquah Transit Center <-- click for map
- 8:30 am - Leave the Issaquah Transit Center
- 10:00 am - Arrive at the trailhead and start hiking
- ~12:30 pm - Colchuck Lake and lunch (and likely say hello to Hike Group 1)
- ~1:30 pm - Start hiking back
- ~4:00 pm - Arrive back at the trailhead
- ~7:00 pm - Arrive back at the Issaquah Transit Center, with the time plus or minus depending upon whether each carpool stops for dinner.
Dogs are not allowed on this trail.
Getting wet sucks. Bring rain gear. Unless it is raining so much that it's like walking at the bottom of a pool, then I'll make attempts to complete the hike. Challenge your spirit!