Hiking and Exploring with Friends Message Board › Beginner Hikes and information for those new to hiking.

Beginner Hikes and information for those new to hiking.

Davin J.
user 10044789
Federal Way, WA
Post #: 35
If you are new to hiking and do not know what you need or if you would like to start hiking but see to many hikes that you do not think you are able to do, let me know & I would be happy to post some beginner hikes. I usually like the more difficult climbs but I have some new friends that are beginners and will be posting beginners hikes.
Like most new hikers you might not want to spend money on items and you are just not sure what you will need. Beginner hikes can usually be done with regular clothing and sneakers. All you need is the desire to get out and enjoy. Like me, there are plenty of other hikers that have extra gear to lend so you do not have to skip a hike because you do not have the gear. Be bold and ask.
Most of the people in this group are members of other hiking meetup groups. This too is important to new hikers. You really need to be a member of other meetup groups to get the beginner hikes. They are few and you need to have a large group selection to find them.
If you are new, want to know more just send me an e-mail or post something here and I will do more to help you get out there. We organizers usually post what we want to do because we do not know what you are wanting to do or what you are looking for. Give us some input so that you can get what you are looking for out of the groups. As you meet more hikers you will become more comfortable and enjoy it a lot more.
I hope to see you out there and to hear from you.