Hiking and Exploring with Friends Message Board › Beginner Showshoe - Gold Creek - Update

Beginner Showshoe - Gold Creek - Update

Ric B.
user 21348711
Kihei, HI
Hi All,

It looks like the snow level is finally dropping and we hopefully will see a few inches of new snow on Saturday morning. We may encounter snow falling upon our arrival, but it is supposed to stop about 10AM. Expect temperatures to range from about 26 -34 degrees. As mentioned this trip will have very little elevation gain. We will be stopping for lunch either at the pond or will continue on and eat at our turnaround point - where we will be crossing a little narrow bridge which leads us out to a sand bar at the creek.

For those of you wanting to know our "estimated" return time - I'm anticipating being back at the P&R between 3 & 4....depending on how the day unfolds. Since many of you will be needing to get back and get ready for New Year's Eve parties, there will be no group "Post Func" on the way back.

The carpooling situation could be a little dicey, I've attempted to recruit enough drivers for this event. As mentioned in my intial post, drivers will need to have the Sno Park Pass, or risk getting a ticket.

As is customary, if you are not a driver, please bring cash to help the drivers with gas and sno park passes.

If you are on the wait list and can drive, then definitely show up at the park and ride. For those on the wait list who can't drive, you can show up at the park and ride at your own risk....but unfortunately I'll have to give priority to those on the "going" list first.

For those planning to meet at the sno park, once off the freeway at exit 54, the plan will be to meet at the start of Rd #144. As you get to the sno park turn right on the paved road that parallels I-90. Continue about 1 mile and Rd #144 well be on your left.

Any issues please give me a call. 425 633-9063

See you Saturday

Ric