June 5, 2011 · 10:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Tour Prompt at 10:30AM
Allow 2 hours
$5 Tour Fee, Cash
$35 deposit made to book tour
We will meet in the classroom next to the mill. Roland will give about a 20 minute Power Point covering the history of the mill and briefly describe milling in the 1800 and1900 century. Then we will tour the mill and power plant. After the tour we can visit the nature center that is attached to the mill. They have 4 ½ miles of hiking trails next to the mill.
The Mill was built in the early 1800's by the Stansbury family. It was named after Father Eden, a local Priest, who served the area. Records do not show how long the Stansbury family operated the mill, but in the late 1800's the mill's ownership was transferred to two gentlemen named Martseller and Van Sant.
In 1991 a group of community Leaders and Educators created the Eden Mill Nature Center to "Provide an opportunity for all people to develop a greater appreciation and awareness of the historical and natural resources of the area." This community group became the Eden Mill Nature Committee, Inc
Cross posted with CCSC and MMHG