a wonderful opportunity to hear a well-known authority on the Sasanian Period, in an open lecture to the public with Touraj Daryaee at Concordia University, 1616 St Catherine W FG-B060 on Friday, March 14,[masked]
If you're crazy for all things South Asian, you've found the right place!Join a circle of wonderful people and make new friends as we celebrate the richness of the Indian sub-continent.
We hope to organise:
* Attending cultural events including Indian classical music and dance recitals
* Watching and discussing films (especially Bollywood films)
* Cooking together and exchanging our favourite recipes
* Having debates on the political, economic and social dimensions of the region
* Enjoying the variety of Indian restaurants in Montreal
* Visiting places of worship, including mosques, temples, gurdwaras
* Discussing religion and spirituality
* Exchanging travel stories over a cup of chai and samoas
* Attending Bollywood/Bhangra dance parties
* And many more events we dare to dream up!
Since the group is relatively new, we welcome suggestions from our members.In order for the group to continue and flourish, we will depend on the active participation from all of the members as well as their ideas as to which direction the groups should take.
So, please come join us and see you at the next event!