Hoboken Vegan (& Vegetarian) Message Board › In the Oven RoundUP (featuring more roommate seekers)

In the Oven RoundUP (featuring more roommate seekers)

A former member
Post #: 761
Greetings good grubbin’ folk.

Hope each of you is wrapping up Spring in wonderful ways!

So happy I spoke with a good few of you at this week’s benefit for the expanding Catskills Animal Sancutary. (For those I missed, very sorry about that! I am necessarily moving slooooow this month.) Kudos to Kathy, Michelle, Caleb and the CAS entire team for ALL their great work. 

Thanks to  four of you who joined me at last Saturday's monthly Lunch Bunch. It was so good to see a mix of new and familiar faces. We found the Cafe Blossom on Carmine space as charming as others told us. The buzz is go for the way more exciting lunch or brunch menu (vs. dinner). This is definitely not the same ole, some ole menu of their sibling spots.

If you are in New Orleans, rest assured you can eat some GOOD stuff. Was there for a week in May, finding myself very happy with O! Vegasm (which is relocating to Portland as I type this), Wandering Buddha plus omni spots Felipe’s Taqueria and Gumbo Shop. Shout out to the makers of Yaya’s Herb & Garden Vegetable popcorn – amazing stuff I discovered about the natural foods co-op there, and thankfully didn't eat all four bags alone :-p

Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper

This week
Sat Jun 9 Noon CAS's Annual Shindig

Next week
Sun Jun 10 Noon Vegan Summer Shop-Up at Pine Box Rock Shop including Sweet Semosh, Vegan Bodega & yours truly with Vegucated
Mon Jun 11 7 pm All-Vegan Middle Eastern Buffet Dinner at the Beautiful Restaurant Fifty Five
Tue Jun 12 7 pm VSPOT Vegan Pizza Party
Thu Jun 14 7 pm Woodstock Sanctuary's Rooftop Solstice Party
Sat Jun 16 Noon The Seed: A Vegan Experience

Thu Jun 28 7 pm Vegan Drinks
Sat Jun 30 7 pm Vegetarian/Vegan Leafleting with Mercy For Animals - Activism Event!

Sun Jul 1 6 pm Dinner at The Curry Club

Vegan roomie wanted for Crown Heights house
June 9: NYC Bus to Catskill Animal Sanctuary’s Annual Shindig
Wear your support for Mercy for Animals!
New roommate sought (immediate move in)

Appreciate you all being here. Happy June :-)
Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes vegan community and cuisine around the NYC metro.
Our history spans ten years, some 400 events and sporting 1,600 members.