add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Hoboken Vegan (& Vegetarian) Message Board › Pro Teen RoundUP (including cool eats)

Pro Teen RoundUP (including cool eats)

A former member
Post #: 818
Yo yo herbivores.

Was so fun to join one of our long time members – who's now a young adult! – this weekend as he celebrated a break between jobs. And also noticing another long-timer entering the tween zone! My how, time can F L Y!

BIG Congrats to all our * N E W * vegan parents – and counting as the vegan babies boom continues on :-) And more congrats to our engaged members. So excited to learn more vegan couples are happening!

Was happy to attend a birthday party recently, enjoying vegan ice cream cake that’s just as great as fellow organizer Cathy said it was. And was lucky to meet ­Lev of Brooklyn Dark, a new local vegan chocolate maker. Hopefully, we’ll see this product line in more stores or vegan bodegas (cough) very very soon.

My gratitude and appreciation for those who skipped Summer Streets to sit with a huge group of us at NYC’s newest veg spot, Rawlicious. Highly recommend their pizza and moreso pasta bolognese.

Thanks to Steve for leading a group on an impromptu food crawl afterwards to Babycakes NYC, vegan crossroads Lula’s­ and One Lucky Duck. Was surprised to learn many hadn’t been to any or all of these places. Then again, that’s why I joined this group to meet more vegan people and discover more eateries so we are on task. If you’ve never been, change that immediately and get thy bootay to Lula’s! You may want to know they’re cash only and open 3 pm daily, save for Mondays when the magic takes place.

Here's that ‘Where do you get your protein?’ comic I mentioned at yesterday’s Lunch Bunch. May need this on a biz card to whip out of my wallet at any given time for the foolish.

For those super interested in seeing more of my meals, just follow vegucated on Instagram. It’s an eating diary of sorts. Plus the app is a fun way to practice one's basic photography and see plenty gorgeous pictures.

I heard a great great many event ideas yesterday – thanks for all of those. Here’s the thing: we’ve plenty of ideas for events, great ones too – and certainly welcome more. It's really people like Y O U reading this we need to organize and host said events. If that’s you, or you have recommendations to share, please be in touch with Doug or myself. We surely appreciate it!

Oh yes, the roommate search continues. I must laugh about the curt inquiries, the super nice couples trying to maneuver meeting up (while this room simply is for one full-time resident only), the guys who don't show up at agreed upon times or appear ever again, and well just all of it. Maybe I should've gone ahead and had thatspecial summer sangria soiree since no roommate approval would be needed to host that 

And for those amidst tough times out there, wishing you a great lemonade, most ripe, delicious wonderful tomato, pint o’ favorite ice cream, plus a sitdown that seems to last longer than any clock says.

Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper.

This week
Tue Aug 7 6 pm Vegan Dinner at Caravan of Dreams
Thu Aug 9 5:30 pm Let's Have Dinner at Vedge [PA] * best vegan spot in the world
Fri Aug 10 7 pm Meet at 3 Brothers Pizzeria for dinner [LI]
Sat Aug 11 10 am Vegan Spirituality's retreat: Exploring Veganism as a Spiritual Practice [PA]

Next week
Mon Aug 13 7 pm Dinner at Rawlicious
Mon Aug 13 7 pm S'more Protection for the Oceans 2012
Thu Aug 16 7 pm Rooftop Mingle for Animals Asia [NJ/PA]
Sat Aug 18 7 pm Dinner at Rajbhog [NJ/PA]

Mon Aug 20 7 pm Dinner at Whole Foods Market (Lake Grove) [LI]
Mon Aug 20 8 pm Dinner at Veggie Lovers [NJ/PA]
Sat Aug 25 6 pm Dinner & dessert in NYC!

Mon Aug 27 7 pm Rawlicious - New Raw Food Restaurant!
Wed Aug 29 7:30 pm Dinner at Blue Sage [PA]

Sun Sep 2 6 pm Dinner at The Curry Club [LI]
Mon Sep 3 3 pm Vegan Potluck Fundraiser to benefit For the Animals Sanctuary [NJ]

Sun Sep 23 2 pm Karuna For Animals First Annual Art Show & Auction [LI]

Mon Oct 8 EatUP turns 10 years old :-)

Sat Oct 27 Noon Farm Sanctuary Walk for Animals in Philadelphia

New roommate sought (immediate move in)

Wishing each of you Midsummer magic!
Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes connecting for community and compassionate cuisine around the New York City metro and beyond. Our history spans 10 years, some 450+ events and sports over 1,600 members.