Hoboken Vegan (& Vegetarian) Message Board › VeganPOTLUCKapalooza, Year of Vegan Cheeses and Like to Lick

VeganPOTLUCKapalooza, Year of Vegan Cheeses and Like to Lick

A former member
Post #: 886
Well hello herbivores

Would love for more of you to join me for a huge blowout vegan potluck this Sunday afternoon. I've named it VeganPOTLUCKapalooza­! Tickets are required for accurate headcount, etc. Harmony Kitchen NYC is the eating/meeting spot. This is about cooking and/or baking. Please no store bought anything. Leave that for picnic season just around the corner here! As further enticement, I will make my infamous mac & cheese. TBD if I'll make my standard kale or collards too.

The Fifth- OMG no, the S I X T H Annual Veggie Pride Parade NYC is EARLY this year – Sunday March 24. Please know I'm coordinating the area veg*n meetups table again and would very much appreciate some members tabling with me! Tabling includes letting people know what veg*n meetups exist (we have a list), how they work, why they want to join one/some, how to sign up, etc. I might reboot out pre-parade brunch at Peacefood's new 2nd location... keep an eye out for that.

Speaking of which, new NYC metro vegan eateries are popping up all over :) Peacefood 2 is now open and ready for bigger groups, baked good fans, and otherwise (41 E 11th Street). 3 Brothers (LI) rebooted to a new Farmingdale location WITH Chef Jay Astafa in commandTerri FiDi opens NEXT Saturday March 23rd; this is their 2nd location with more in the works. Seasoned Vegan (Harlem) is doing the permits dance craze and hopes to open in April.

I am the type to say I told ya so. 2013 is definitely the Year of Vegan Cheeses. Small cheese shops are emerging everywhere across the land: Denver's Door 86, Omaha's Brie It On, Boston's Elephants in the Kitchen, upstate NY's Treeline Cheese and L.A.'s new dynamic duo of Dairy Tree Foods and Kite Hill (from Tal Ronnen of Oprah fame).

Plus Follow Your Heart cheese shreds and Daiya GF pizzas, cream cheeses and slices come to stores later this year. They both took (shook?) the recent Natural Foods Expo West by storm.

Speaking of Expo West, happy to note local vegan ice cream maker DF Mavens won a coveted Best of Show award from VegNews magazine. This ice cream is from the legendary Malcolm Stogo and his partners. It is an even better ice cream quality than what the former shop Stogo served. Please help them reach 1,000 Likes in March and so EatUP can score some passes to their rumored Sundae Sunday event!

** Please feel free to post events to the calendar including the now monthly Vegan Shop-Up **

Stay tuned for details about the tv cooking show I'm producing. (Vegucated­ continues in very very good ways.)

Best to you all!
Demetrius

And buh bye Winter. Oh no, really! GOOD BYE. Ain't nobody got time for THAT!