Hello! I'm an HR professional who has recently relocated to Hoboken. I am seeking network opportunities for future employment and to build a network for seeking qualified applicants when the time arises.
Hoboken Young Professionals("HYP") was formed to bring driven and passionate young professionals together every month. We at HYP believe that developing and nurturing your professional network is the cornerstone to success. Luckily, we already have all the young talent we need right here in the area. Here are a few quick points so you understand what HYP is all about:
1. What happens at these events? We typically set a time at a bar in Hoboken to hold very informal meetings. There is no agenda other than to meet other professionals, hold engaging conversations and have a few drinks.
2. Is there suggested dress attire? Clothes have no barring on the quality of networking. It is very common to see members in jeans or shorts.
3. Should I bring something to the event? We usually have some very interesting people in attendance with diverse careers. We suggest you bring some new ideas or talking points. You never know where your next career altering insight will flourish from so mix it up!
4. Any advice? If you are involved in sales please refrain from attending in hopes of generating quick business. A member's main focus should be to give to the group and let relationships develop naturally.
5. Who is considered a young professional? For purposes of the group it is 40 and below. However, no one is going to be asking your age ;).
6. Do I have to live in Hoboken to attend an event? Absolutely not. It is very common for members to be from the surrounding towns or the city.