Hello Golf Enthusiasts,
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE READ THE INTRO TO UNDERSTAND THE GROUP POLICY BEFORE JOINING. IF YOU PREFER NOT TO READ IT OR CANNOT ADHERE TO THE POLICY, DO NOT JOIN. EFFECTIVE 1/1/14, IF YOU DO NOT POST A FACIAL PHOTO AS REQUESTED, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REJECTED.
Welcome to the "Hole-In-One" Golf Club. This group is geared towards those who share the passion and desire to have fun, play golf, and improve in this game. Our various golf and other social events will give us the opportunity to not only golf on a regular basis, but also to get to know each other, socialize outside golf, and develop meaningful friendships. The goal of this group is to have fun, socialize, to explore great courses, and to improve in our golf game!!!
We will take advantage of playing the best of the best courses in the Bay Area, from SF to East Bay to South Bay, including The Links at Spanish Bay, Stonetree, Wente, Cinnabar Hills, Bayonet/Blackhorse, Quail Lodge, Poppy Hills, Poppy Ridge, Hiddenbrooke, Callippe Preserve, Half Moon Bay, and Pebble Beach (??? Hmm). This group will explore a mix of average to top notch golf courses at the lowest green fees possible, by taking advantage of various booking venues.
Our plan is to schedule a weekly to semi-weekly golf events. Most of our events will be an intimate affair of only 8-12 members participating, as anything more than 8-12 will deter us from getting to know each other in a meaningful way. However, we have been flexible enough to book more than two foursomes if there is enough interest.
This group is meant for those who are at an advanced beginner to intermediate/advanced levels. You should have a high level, general understanding, and be cognizant of the golf rules and golf etiquette, as well as pace of play.
"Knowing the Rules can Improve Your Game" -- WGA of Northern CA
*****General requirements and policy for joining this group are as follows:*****
** Be respectful of all members regardless of their skill levels
- Flakes may not join (will be strictly enforced)
- Smoking is not allowed during play
- No throwing of clubs or cursing during play
- Two “no shows” for paid members will lead to an elimination from the group. One "no show" for GUESTs will lead to immediate elimination. (less than 48 hr notice = "no show"). Those members who display a pattern of signing up and then dropping out, even if given a 48 hour advanced notice, will be eliminated from the group.
- If you do not intend on participating at least 2-3 events per year, do not join
- Anyone not in adherence to or not in sync with the group policy should not join or will be removed from the group.
- No harassment of any form via shouts, emails, calls, etc. allowed
- Your facial pic must be posted in order to become a member (to help us recognize the members at events)
- The membership fee is due upon joining the group, and you will have 14 day trial period. If you decide to leave the group within the first 14 days, a full refund will be provided to you.
- If you decide to become an Event Organizer, and schedule at least 5 events per year, you will be exempt from the subsequent annual dues.
Let’s get out, and have some fun and “play ball” (golf ball that is ;-))!!!