Hello, parents or parents-to-be.
Would you like to:
* Meet with like-minded parents and fellow community members
* Build social and health connections
* Establish a supportive Community & Discussion Group
* Nourish and expand your parenting options
* Continue your personal growth to enable you to be the best parent you can be
There are several fantastic play groups in Hoboken, which provide a very valuable resource for parents in town.
But, where can you go to discuss the questions that arise each and every day regarding raising your child?
The Hoboken Holistic Parenting and Family Wellness Group provides a safe and supportive environment, where we can come together to ask questions, share parenting techniques and stories, and discuss timely and relevant family wellness issues.
Here's how the group will work:
Our Community will meet and have facilitated discussions led by local Hoboken chiropractor Dr. Laura Brayton, D.C. (www.hobokenchiro.com), who specializes in pediatrics and maternity.
All members of this group will receive a free copy of Pathways to Family Wellness magazine, which will serve as the springboard for our discussions. Pathways is a nonprofit, educational, wellness program, which is free to parents. Their non-profit mission is to support you and your family’s quest for wellness. They offer a full spectrum of articles related to family and personal growth.
Hard copies of the Pathways Magazine are available at Dr. Brayton's office (50 Harrison Street, Suite 316, Hoboken, NJ 07030) and upon request, can be mailed directly to your home.
Because we know you're super busy, we will also distribute a condensed electronic version of the magazine, which contains a summary of the articles, and talking points that will serve as the basis for our discussion.
** Whether you have had the opportunity to read the materials or not, ALL are welcome and encouraged to attend the Community Discussions.
Topics will be largely determined by the Group, but will include:
* Birth and pregnancy
* Compassionate parenting
* The science of wellness, nutrition - including gluten-free, whole foods and seasonal recipes
* Child development & educational reform
* Coping with children's allergies and food sensitivities
* Helping your child deal with change
* The vaccination controversy
* Consciousness and the MotherBaby bond
* Psychiatric drugs and your children
* Tending the garden of your child's mind
* Creating healthy babies
* Breast feeding and your kids
* Midwifery v. hospital births
* Tips on starting a community garden
We believe stepping onto our personal pathway to wellness is a consciousness-raising act with the power to regenerate and transform ourselves, our families, our communities and our world.
We look forward to building this Community with you.