PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FROM ITS ORIGINAL DATE OF 1/23/13.
You are warmly invited to join us as we learn how to diagnose & live joyfully with Celiac Disease or a Gluten Intolerance from guest host Alison Held, a certified nutrition and health educator.
Alison Held has a Master’s Degree in Clinical Nutrition and is the founder of Healthful Direction, a health and wellness company based in Westport, CT. She is also a Health Coach (Institute for Integrative Nutrition) and is certified in gluten education by the Gluten Free Society.
Have you or someone you care about been diagnosed with Celiac Disease or a gluten intolerance? Over 2,000,000 Americans who have been diagnosed with Celiac and approximately 190 different medical conditions have been linked to gluten sensitivities!
There are a myriad of health benefits associated with the reduction or elimination of gluten and without the facts, living a gluten-free lifestyle can be overwhelming.
This workshop is designed to cut through the confusion and arm participants with the information they need to start, maintain and thrive on a gluten-free lifestyle!
- Learn why gluten has become such a big health problem for so many Americans.
- Become educated on proper lab testing for Celiac diagnosis as well as food sensitivity testing.
- Receive the ‘elimination diet’ protocol to uncover your unique food intolerances.
- Understand which foods are safe, where to shop, and how to order in a restaurant.
- Discover new products, brands and recipes that create ‘spice’ for your gluten free lifestyle.
- Gather support & accountability from others who are going through a similar change in diet.
Please try to keep your RSVP up-to-date; if you confirmed that you are attending and become unable to, please update your RSVP timely so that another may join in your place. This relaxed & informative event will offer an opportunity for a safe space and engaged Q&A group discussion. Please comment below or contact Rosa Conti if you have any questions.
* * * * * * * * *
Alison utilizes innovative counseling and educational techniques to create top-notch personalized health programs. She helps her clients set and achieve realistic goals in the areas of customized weight management, sports nutrition, digestive wellness, detoxification and more. Alison focuses on practical solutions for uncovering the root cause(s) of health challenges in order to rebuild and restore balance to the body.
More on Alison here.