Welcome to Homeschool PDX! This is a networking site for all things homeschool - playdates, field trips, curriculum discussions and more. Our focus is on building long-term friendships between local homeschooling families - all family members are welcome at our events. Please share your ideas, suggest and/or host meetups, and use this group to build lasting connections with like-minded people. This is a secular group, but membership is open to everyone. Also, feel free to check out our group blog at www.homeschoolpdx.com.
*Things to know before joining*
1. A clear, recent profile photo of yourself is required in order to join the group. This is for the safety of all of our members and it makes finding you at events much easier!
2. Meetups in private locations - such as a personal residence - are not allowed on our meetup site. Again, this is to ensure the safety of all of our members. Feel free to make friends and invite them over to your house outside of the group.
3. All members are welcome and encouraged to organize events. In fact, suggesting and hosting an event is the best way to ensure there is something on the calendar that suits your own family's schedule and needs.
4. You are welcome to join the group even if your only child is in utero, yet you know you want to homeschool. There is no age-requirement for children (or parents!). If you are not actively homeschooling or planning to homeschool but are just looking for more information, please check out our website www.homeschoolpdx.com for a list of local resources and websites.
5. If you RSVP to an event, take it seriously! If something comes up, please be conscientious of other members and organizers and change your RSVP to "no" as soon as possible.
I look forward to meeting you and your family at a meetup soon - thanks so much for joining!
824 Italian Speakers
1,882 Community Members
4,680 Hiking Enthusiasts
658 Social Media Specialists