addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hong Kong New In Town Social Group Message Board › What brings you to Hong Kong?

What brings you to Hong Kong?

A former member
Post #: 978
I'm curious what brought you out to this wonderful city called Hong Kong.

For me it's family. After graduating high school in Hong Kong I spent 4 years in the US for college before I started working in New York City for another 7. Since I've been away from home for so long I just wanted to take care of my parents and family while it was still on my own terms. Even though I'm sad to be temporarily parting ways with all my friends from NYC I'm excited to see what Hong Kong has to offer.

What's your reason for coming to Hong Kong?
A former member
Post #: 1
i came here for work and i am from queens, ny. so, this is a great opportunity to meet new people and create a circle of friends.

if anyone is interested in meeting up sooner - let me know.

thanks and take care

paul
A former member
Post #: 1
hi ken and paul
i left hk when i was very young, not yet a teen. i'm raised and educated in the uk. i'm a brit.
but have been back to hk regularly as still have strong family ties.
i'm here now with work. i'm able to come and work here from my office in the uk each time for a 2-3 weeks. this trip, i've been here for longer than usual , approx 5 wks , so thought i'd venture out and see if i could meet some like-minded people to hang out, to see if , should i wish to return here to live and work permanently, which is a possibility later in the year.

i'm also available to meet up sooner.

are there any others like me around ? hope to see you if not all, some soon.

LJ
A former member
Post #: 2
Mate I came back to HK in 04. Wen it was cool enuff to wear long sleeve shirts I did and went for some interviews. Been working for the same recruitment company ever since.

Going back to London once every 2 years let's say, so far all I miss are the quality of food and kebab's and my Car. Glad my mates are willing to holiday in Asia each year so we can hook up. London has been infected with a serious case of the CHAV Virus- Great Britain is now Little Britain. Opportunity is so in HK.