House Concerts and Small Venue Live music Message Board › Important Group Aggreements

Important Group Aggreements

A former member
Hi everyone.

I am really excited to go to some great house concerts with all you fun people. In reading the responses to questions I realized that we might have a bit of a failure to communicate. This group is for people who want to attend concerts. You can be a part of this group if you host house concerts or if you play house concerts, but that isn't the focus of this group. The focus of this group is listening to music. I want everyone to feel welcome and I don't want anyone to feel like this meetup is just a cover for concert promotion. If, in the process of attending concerts together you end up making friends that want to hear you play that is awesome. In fact, a lot of audiences are made up of musicians. I really want musicians in this group and I really want your friends to come to me and say "have a house concert or this guy" but I not is a pushy way. The key is you must participate in the group. If you are only here to promote your own music there are other groups that are a good choice for you.

I have decided to have a participation policy and borrowed one from the other meetup I am a part of. In order to stay in this meetup you agree:

1. To participate by attending concerts as part of this meetup at least once every 90 days. If you have extenuating circumstances please let me know.

2. To limit your personal promotion to your group profile. You will not self promote on the message boards or sending emails to the group nor by randomly handing out your cd's at group events.

3. I you wish the group to attend your concert you will contact Juanita directly to see if it can be put on the calender.

Any violation of these agreements will result in you being removed from the group. If you find that you are not interested in honoring these agreements please private message me and I can help you find or create a meetup group that better meets your needs.

Be well and I hope to see you soon!

Juanita
Alan S.
user 13559225
Seattle, WA
Post #: 7
HI JUanita, Sounds very good. If my profile is too much just let me know and I will take it down. I think you will bee ok with it as I am trying to promote a place for people to play and meet.
Any questions feel free to call me 425 877 7620 or Alan@AlanSobel.com

Happy Thanksgigging

Alan