July 19, 2013 · 7:00 PM
Bayou City Outdoors & REI Present:
Summertime Dogs 101 – hikes, health & happy paws - tips on keeping your dog healthy in the Houston HEAT!
July 9, 2013 - 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
REI - Houston (Galleria Area)
7538 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77063
Join Bayou City Outdoors & REI as we explore all the places to take your dog to play in the summer and all the ways to keep them safe and healthy.
There is nothing better than having your best friend along on those summer time strolls, hikes and lake trips. But, a fun day out and about can turn into a very dangerous situation for your dog - be prepared to avoid heat stroke with these tips and know how to spot it.
We’ll be talking about:
- Where to take your dog in the summer
- Heat stroke and how to avoid it and spot
- Pick up a detailed list of Dog Parks & Hiking trails that are dog friendly
- Learn about dog safety in the Houston summer and how to tell if your dog is overheating and heading for a problem (hint – it can happen VERY quickly)
- How to fit your dog for a life jacket and how to determine if they need one.
- Fitting your dog for boots and learning when they need to be wearing them and when they shouldn''t.
Did you know that there are over 25 official dog parks in Houston and the surrounding areas? Dogs are allowed at most Houston and Texas State Parks but there are rules that you must follow to avoid a hefty fine! Did you also know that just like you your dog can get sunburned? But, unlike you, they can’t cool their bodies by sweating.
Come get informed and keep your dog safe and happy in the summer!
7:00 pm, REI 7538 Westheimer Rd., Houston, TX 77063. For more information or to RSVP: http://www.BayouCityOutdoors.com/[masked] / [masked] us in the back of the store in the warehouse area.