addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Houston Active Dogs Message Board › Dog-Friendly Events This Summer

Dog-Friendly Events This Summer

A former member
Post #: 1
Does anyone know of any dog-friendly events this summer? I heard Shakespeare in the Park is dog friendly. Would definitely like to go if anyone is interested.
A former member
Post #: 4
When is Shakespeare in the park going to happen? Chief and I would be interested. I tried looking it up and I couldnt find it. I was looking at Miller Outdoor Theatre. On the calender there are two non ticketed movie nights. Showing E.T. and 2001: A Space Odyssey. I would think they are dog friendly.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Sean -

They have two plays in late July/early August. The one I was thinking is Taming the Shrew. I will be attending E.T. To be honest, I've reviewed their website and don't see anything about whether dogs are allowed to attend the events. I went to the Michael Jackson thing last Friday and saw a few small dogs. But they weren't playing and were very quiet - not disruptive at all.

I'm a little disappointed that there aren't more meet-ups and to schedule one, you have to have at least 3 attendees before it will appear on the main board. Shall we try to schedule something? There are a few dog-friendly restaurants around town too.

Allison
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Allison

Taming the Shrew sounds like sounds great. I'm open for late July/early August, just hope it gets a little cooler. I will have to find out if they are dog friendly. I don't see why not because it is outdoors. I too will be attending E.T. as well. We will have to hang out.

This group needs more meetups. Yeah it kind of difficult to get people to come to a meetup. I've tried in the past but no one was interested. For example, I tried having one at the Danny Jackson dogpark. Yes, lets try to schedule something. A dog friendly restaurant, you can count Chief and myself in. Have you been to any dog friendly restaurants? I know there is a bar/dogpark called Boneyard. I hear its pretty cool. I don't really drink though. I will help you brainstorm.

Sean