addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Houston Active Dogs Message Board › New Organizer for Houston Active Dogs

New Organizer for Houston Active Dogs

Closed to new replies

Tara
txcassie
Group Organizer
Rosenberg, TX
Hello Houston Active Dogs members!
My name is Tara and I am the new organizer for the Houston Active Dogs (HAD) Meetup group.  I wanted to introduce myself and remind everyone about this weekend's scheduled Meetup:
Saturday, October 19 @ 7:00 p.m. at the Boneyard Drinkery. The forecast is clear skies and cool temps so come on out and enjoy!  Look for my fluffy dog Molly (she’s shown as my Meetup profile picture) or the Meetup sign that I will hang on the fence or post on a table.
I know HAD has been fairly active but with the hot Houston summer winding down, this seems like a great time to look at the number and types of events as well as attendance.  I’m hoping for lots of input from the group – after all this isn't “my” group, I’ve just taken on the role of organizer.
I will be starting discussions and setting up polls asking about types of activities, as well as specific activities and other information that you would like to see.  I’m also going to be asking for group members to  step up and sponsor some events.  Want to see a Houston Active Dogs event in your part of town?  Why not sponsor one?  It’s almost as easy as attending an event that someone else sponsored.  (Check out the new page on our Meetup site “Interested in being an event sponsor?”)
For the immediate future, I plan on averaging one group email a week.  I’ll also be “announcing” upcoming events and setting up discussions and polls to gauge group interest in certain things.
So watch your email, check out our Meetup page and come out to an event!
Looking forward to meeting lots of dogs and their people,
See you soon - Tara

(Keep in mind that you can customize your email/notification settings on your Meetup profile if necessary.)