Feb 16, 2013 · 5:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Early Risers Camp & Hike: Hunstville State Park
(Minor revision on 2/15 - no change to plans, just to include more detail)
Directions: The park is 6 miles southwest of Huntsville off of Interstate 45 on Park Road 40. The Park phone number is (936) 295-5644.
Come join us for camping and hiking at Huntsville State Park.
February 16 Saturday: Jim and I will arrive at about 5 pm. Others may arrive
earlier or later if they wish. Quiet hours at camp will begin at 10 pm.
February 17 Sunday: We will start our 10.1-mile hike at 8:00 am sharp. We
will hike the Chinquapin Trail, the Dogwood Trail Loop, and the
Prairie Branch Loop.
Hike information can be found here:
Campers, please RSVP with the number in your party by February 13. Tents only--I'm reserving the sites for us. You may bring an RV, but you will need to reserve your own site. I will let the tenters know how much the cost is per person by the February 15. In addition to the cost of the campsite, there is a $5 per person entrance fee.
Hikers only: no need to RSVP-- Just show up.
• Public consumption or display of alcohol is prohibited.
• Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m.
• Loud music is not permitted at any time.
• Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and are not permitted in the lake.
• Gathering of firewood is prohibited.
• Absolutely do not feed or annoy the alligators or any other wildlife.