addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Houston Area Trails & More Message Board › Free Campsites

Free Campsites

Tracey
Tracey77478
Austin, TX
Post #: 46
Has anyone used this site to find free campsites in Texas successfully? http://freecampsites....­

The Fayetteville town center one looks neat and would be a nice Austin-Houston midway stop.
A former member
Post #: 5
I've not used this particular website, but it looks interesting. Thanks for sharing it. I do know there is free camping in Tomball (Spring Creek Park) off SH249, but you have to make reservations in advance. It's a nice, large municipal park with a couple of very short nature trails (<1 mi ea), but the place where you pitch tents is on the grass adjacent to the RVs, so there may not be a lot of solitude. I've not camped there, but I did go check it out once.

It might be a good idea to recon the Fayetteville town center site to see what's available and how many sites it has.
A former member
Post #: 7
FYI - I just returned from a few days in the Big Thicket. You can camp there for free, but there are no campgrounds or campsites. No water. No electrical hookups. Primitive camping only under the stars.
Tracey
Tracey77478
Austin, TX
Post #: 49
Thanks for the tips. Do you write reviews on any trail review sites?

I was terrified of running into feral hogs when we went out there...