Texas Boat ramps

This message board is read-only.

Andrew P.
user 30069922
College Station, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Hugo

This is my data base which I promised to send you:
During my travels in Texas I try to create a GPS database of different water accesses. For now it has more than thousand locations in Gulf coast area including Port Arthur, Beaumont, Galveston, Houston, College Station, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and South Padre Island. I slowly expand the coverage toward Dallas – Fort Worth.

This is a POI database mostly for Garmin. Copy the file to /POI folder of your Garmin navigator and you will get the database ready to use in your device. I created this file for Garmin Nuvi, but hopefully it will work for any Garmin.
Texas-Boat-Ramps.csv
This is an original txt file. Although it has Excel extension it can be opened in any text editor. To upload this file to a Garmin navigator you have to have a Garmin POI loader installed in your computer, standard Garmin software. For TomTom or another type of GPS navigator you have to use different software.
This file contains a list of boat launches, fishing piers, swimming holes and beaches. Each POI has a short description of location/direction, fee, and facilities available (parking, camping, restrooms, picnic and swimming area, etc). The file contains not only the list of maintained concrete boat ramps, but also beach/bank accesses to numerous Texas lakes, rivers, bays and the Gulf of Mexico. They can be used to launch small boats, canoes or kayaks. This information will be useful for all sorts of outdoor activity: fishing, boating, camping, picnicking and wildlife viewing.
This is an active project. I have visited most of the locations in person. However, if you notice a mistake or out-of-date information please let me know. You are also welcome to add your favorite location if it is not in the list yet.
You can see a preview on Google Maps here:
https://maps.google.c...­
For the latest version of the database you are welcome to my page in poi-factory:
http://www.poi-factor...­
It also has a file for TomTom.
Andrey