Shawn Castrianni will be talking about the evolution of Xamarin coding techniques from the very basic (for beginning users), to MvvmCross (for advanced users), and to Xamarin.Forms (for intermediate users) and compare the amount of code reuse possible at each stage. He will show live demos at each stage using both Xamarin Studio on a Mac and Visual Studio on a Windows PC.
A little about Shawn's background:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering in 1994
- M.S. In Computer Science in 1996
- Java developer in Oil and Gas industry for 12 years
- Switched to mobile development in 2009 using Java on Android platform
- Adopted Xamarin and C# for mobile development for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone since 2010