David T.
user 48383892
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
Hey all,

I'm an ok climber who's been living in Houston for about a year. Most of us don't think Houston has anything vertical outdoors, but look around you - there are so many huge, healthy trees here!

Most of us (including me) think that climbing trees is fun, but probably not very good for the tree if more than a couple of us climb the same tree. But with so many to choose from, why would more than 2 or 3 of us climb the same tree anyway?

I also think most of us (but not including me) think that when you climb a tree, it is impossible to avoid breaking off bark, small branches, and living creatures from the tree. However, from my extensive tree-climbing adventures as a child, I know this is not the case if you use your fingers and toes in the correct way.

The bottom line is I would be interested in meeting up with a few souls who would like to try to use a harness, rope, and natural anchors (branches) to explore some of Houston's most inviting arboreal gems.

Please give a shout if you're in. Or, if you are appalled at this idea for whatever reason, please do enlighten me!