Houston Hadoop Meetup Group Message Board › Where and when should we meet?

Where and when should we meet?

Mark K.
user 14193833
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Hi, guys,

appreciate your joining the group. Is the proposed date (Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM) good, or should we choose a Sunday? (Steve can only make Sunday).

We need a quiet clean room - should I ask some company to give us one, or do you have other suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark
A former member
Post #: 28
If you don't mind a new kid chiming in ... There are two possibilities. Every Houston Public Library branch, as well as most of the Harris County Public Library branches, provide meeting rooms. I've only used one at the Montrose branch once, but i assume that all are like that one, quiet, clean, and most importantly, free of charge. Alternatively, there is Salento in the Village (2407 Rice Blvd). At the latter, the pastry and coffee are not too bad, and there is no screaming and twanging on the sound system.
Mark K.
user 14193833
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
Hal, thank you for your suggestion. I did not think of the library - yes, that's great! Or a Starbucks, but Salento may beat that.

I think we will take a vote on that soon.