We will meet downtown to take a stroll through the theater and historical districts, and hope for some clear skies with the full moonrise at 7:45. We will meet by the bike racks in front of Bayou Place on Smith Street.
Our approximate route will be the following:
1. Bayou Place
2. Wortham Fountain
3. Buffalo Bayou
4. Allen's Landing
5. Lyric Center
6. Jones Center
7. Penzoil Place
8. Market Square
9. Congress street down to the Harris County Court House
10. Back to Main street past Nit Noi, Deans, Majestic, Rice Lofts
11. Main Street Square to see the lights
12. Back to Bayou place for a few cocktails if anyone is interested.
What to bring:
1. Wide angle lens for the full view
2. Telephoto for a couple of shots behind the Wortham center, and probably some cool street light shots after dark.
3. OK...and everything in between....
4. Bring a tripod
5. Bring a flashlight. This is for focusing in the dark.
6. Know how to adjust your camera ISO, shutter, and aperture in manual mode. (We can help with what settings as long as you can make the adjustments)
Use the Theatre District parking or there is some free on street parking.
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for our route.
I plan to share a little bit about each of the stops along the way in "Tour Guide" fashion. I love history and architecture, so this is really alot of fun.