Mar 30, 2012 · 7:45 PM
This location is shown only to members
Update: Some improved directions to the location provided by our hosts:
- The physical address is 2110 Bluewater Highway, Freeport TX 77541.
- There is not a mailbox at the end of the driveway - it was washed away, so there's nothing with the address that you can see.
- Coming off of Hwy 332, you make a left onto Bluewater Highway
- Go exactly 1.8 miles and we are there on the right.
- Directly across the street from us on the left is a convenience store called Perry's.
- TURN HERE when you see the "SLOW"
Also, I have increased the size to 10 people in case someone else wants to attend.
I was invited to shoot the Annual Hottie Hoop Camp 2012 and thought a few folks from the group would like to come along.
Our models will be the members of the Hottie Hoop Camp Club who will be attending the weekend's events. Here are pictures from last year so you know what to expect:
20-30 ladies will be showing off their hooping skills from near-dark until 10pm, including hoops with LED lights and some WITH FIRE! This is a great TFP opportunity to practice low-light, long exposure and flash techniques.
Here are some hints to help you get some cool shots:
- Use a tripod and long exposure (3, 5 and even 10 seconds!) Most important fact for this shoot!
- Read up on your camera manual (and google) for "Rear Flash Sync" or "Rear Shutter Sync" or "Rear Curtain Sync"
- Bring a flash(es)
- Try "zooming" in and/or out while taking a picture, this creates a "zooming" effect. You can do this best when using a tripod.
- Don't use your flash while someone else is taking a long exposure picture.
- Bring a rarely used filter such as that neglected Circular Polarizer and spread a little Vaseline around the edges of the glass to create a "glowing" effect.
[NOTE: MAKE SURE your HoustonPortraitNetwork profile has at least one link to a portfolio. Flickr, 500px, smugmug, personal blog, whatever ... This is a TFP event, you are on the hook for sharing images with the models. *If this event fills up, people who are not comfortable sharing their images will be dropped.* So post your links before signing up please!]
If you are interested in attending, see their web site, they still have openings: http://hottiehoopcamp.com ; The Friday Night Kick Ass Bonfire Pass is $10.00, but you have to take the workshop if you want to fire-hoop. The Friday Day pass is $100. If you sign up and buy a ticket from their web site, you do --NOT-- have to RSVP here. :)