The Houston Urban Raw Vegan Potluck Meetup Group Message Board › Valentine's Day Recipe -- Raw Cinnamon Rolls
Raw Cinnamon Rolls
Courtesy of Elaina Love
2 ½ cups of almond meal (left over after making almond milk)
2 ½ cups flax meal (grind 1 1/3 cups whole flax seeds in your coffee grinder, blender, or spice grinder)
1 cup of soaked soft pitted dates firmly packed
1/8 cups pure water
¼ teaspoon high quality sea salt
Dash of cayenne (and we do mean one small dash)
¼ cup olive oil or coconut butter
½ cup soft soaked pitted dates firmly packed
½ cup raisins
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/8 cup pure water
½ cup soaked and dehydrated walnuts, coarsely chopped
Frosting: (optional, but really yummy)
1 cup sunflower seeds soaked 4 or more hours (should yield 1 ½ cups after soaking)
¾ cup water
6 Tablespoons honey or dates
Juice of 1 small Tangerine and the entire peel
1 teaspoon of Frontier Brand Vanilla
Directions for the Dough:
1. Blend the dates and water together in a food processor or blender until it becomes a paste.
2. Mix everything together in a large bowl and work with your hands until the dough is well mixed.
3. Place the dough on a Teflex dehydrator sheet or piece of wax paper and form into a ¼ inch thick square using your hands to shape it.
4. Cover with another Teflex sheet or wax paper and roll with a rolling pin until the dough is a uniform size and thickness.
5. Now get ready to prepare the filling
Directions for the filling:
1. Puree the first 4 ingredients in a food processor until it becomes smooth.
2. Spread the mixture onto the dough
3. Sprinkle with extra raisins and walnuts
4. Using the Teflex sheet on the bottom to push, roll the dough tightly.
5. Wrap the roll in the Teflex or wax paper and refrigerate until chilled.
6. Slice into the desired thicknesses and dehydrate at 105 degrees Fahrenheit until warm.
Directions for the Frosting:
Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add a little extra water if you prefer it thinner. Drizzly on top of the dehydrated Cinnamon Rolls…. Yum, yum….