Ok, I can promise a sunrise; I can't promise no clouds. Last time things were a bit too cloudy, let's try it again and hope for clearer skys! :)
The beautiful pano by Srini Sundarrajan is a wonderful example of a recent "Must Have" portfolio photo for Houston Photographers: Sunrise over the Galveston Pleasure Pier.
About This Photowalk
We will start at 5:30am, enjoying some quiet time shooting low-light and long exposure shots of the beach and water. If the weather conditions are right, we might get some plane fly-overs and a few stars.
Sunrise will be around 6:20-6:30am or so. As the sun starts to rise, you can pick the perfect location to nail your morning sunrise shot. We will stay pretty close together, at least within shouting distance for those who would prefer not to be out in the dark alone.
You can park along the sea wall or across the street. Remember it's going to be dark so bring your flash light. Also, please wear some light-colored clothing so it will be easy to find the body if someone gets hit by a car.
NOTE: Parking meters are in effect. You can pay by the Hour, Day or Year. You can pay with the Galveston Pay By Phone service:
Tips For This Event
• LOOK FOR MY SUV. It's a black Ford Escape with a roof rack and grill guard. I will have a stack of bottles of water near the truck for anyone that forgot to bring some. Even though this will be early in the AM, its still going to be hot, stay hydrated.
• You will be shooting near sand and wind. I strongly suggest you don't swap lenses during this shoot.
• For best image results, bring a good sturdy tripod and your favorite trigger.
• Bring an extra set of clothes if you plan to do additional photowalking during the day. If you get wet and/or sandy, you'll want to swap outfits rather than have sand in your undies.
• Drive to the location with your AC turned OFF and windows rolled DOWN. Also keep your camera bag open and lens cap popped off. This will help you and your gear acclimate to the ambient temperature in Galveston. Otherwise you'll be miserable and your lenses will be fogged.
• As with all events at HoustonPhotowalks, this event will not be canceled for rain. So check the weather and dress appropriately. Bring plastic bags to toss your gear in if it starts to pour!
Image by Photowalker Marilyn Tomalavage
Image by Photowalker Cindi
Image by Photowalker John Chandler