As part of our Summer "Beat The Heat" schedule, to help keep folks busy even when it's 99+ degrees, each year I post 4 or 5 of my worst personal images -- and challenge you to try and fix them.
You can be as ARTISTIC or REALISTIC as you want -- or anything in between! You can even layer and compose using different images. Last year, some folks took all the provided images and combined them into one unique artistic composition. Sort of like The Photoshop Artistry Fine-Art Course that is one of our sponsors!
Think you are up for the task? Post the image that gets the most "Comments" and win a $50 Amazon.com gift card!
Think you have what it takes to take a boring, poorly composed photograph and turn it into a stunning work of art? Here's your chance to do something VERY ORIGINAL!
This event is great for
• practicing post production
• extending your photography skills by editing a photo you've never seen before
• learn skills from others as they post the same photos, edited differently than yours
• get your friends & family to vote on your images! :)
I will release for license all images, so you're welcome to post your compositions on your blog / facebook wall / flickr / etc, as long as you post them as part of this event as well.
• I will post your source images in early Sept, you can begin editing and uploading then as soon as you're ready (HINT: the sooner you upload, the more time you have to gather comments!).
• Specific albums will be provided to post your images.
• Post a photo only once, no fair uploading multiple edits of the same image.
• Comments are counted by unique, individual commenting people -- no fair having someone comment 3 times, that doesn't count!
• Image with the most "comments" wins, excluding your own comments, of course.
• All entries AND THE COMMENTS must be posted before September 30th!!
• Award will be sent via email.
• If you use layering and artistry techniques, at least one of the provided photos must appear somewhere in the composition.
• I break all ties.
• Everything comes to an end on September 30th (did I say that already?)
Good luck, may the best post productionist, photoshopist, lightroomist win!
Here are your busted images to fix! BE CREATIVE! :)
Click to download JPG versions of the images
Click to download TIFF versions of the images
Click to download extra "Bonus Objects"
Click to download 150 free High Quality backgrounds and textures from 24Moves.com