Houston Ruby Brigade Message Board › Houston area Rails/DevOps position

Houston area Rails/DevOps position

Greg P.
user 100930922
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
Greetings, people.

I'm a Fort Worth area developer that has been actively developing a series of Rails/Ruby apps for STEMscopes (http://stemscopes.com...­) on a freelance basis for several years – not a recruiter, I swear!

STEMscopes is part of Rice University, and provides K-12 science curriculum to >1 million students in Texas. It's a really great project that is profitable, growing and going nationwide next year.

It's grown to the point that they really need a full-time in-house person to code, lead coordination of the development team (myself and another freelancer at the moment) and oversee dev-ops/admin roles.

Some technology we use: Rails, Unicorn, Nginx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL. There's also lots of opportunities to work on a variety of the parallel projects in interactive game and mobile development.

It's a very flexible startup-style environment – but one that is profitable and backed by a great, stable employer (Rice) with all the benefits that go along with that. It's also an exciting and fun project that is really making an impact on students.

If anyone is looking or interested in discussing further, please get in touch. I'd love to speak to you about the position. Very competitive salary and benefits – but we're definitely looking for someone full time.

You can find me at:
greg@agiletortoise.com
@agiletortoise

I'm not positive yet, but I'll likely be at Lone Star Ruby Conf coming up if anyone is interested in discussing in-person.

Thanks and sorry for the job post, but I'm really hoping to find someone local in Houston and seemed like a good place to start.

Greg Pierce.