Houston Ruby Brigade Message Board › Techsas: tech event by the community, for the community – right here in Houston

Techsas: tech event by the community, for the community – right here in Houston

Jesse W.
jwolgamott
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 8
Announcing, and inviting, you to http://techsas.co/......­

Our goal is to raise awareness of the expanding Houston tech-and-startup scene, and cultivate a new community of professionals who bring a wealth of talent from the industries that call our brilliant city home. (Healthcare, Energy, Oil, Finance, the list goes on…) To top it off, we have local roasters supplying the coffee and local eateries supplying the food. All-in-all, this will be the perfect storm to nurture the “Tech-sas” community that we all know exists. As such, since this is an event with drinks, we are targeting college students and older – for both networking opportunities and for the obvious vices being provided.

The premise of the event is to invite over 250 people, with little-to-no coding experience, and spend the day learning basic website development. Local talent – like myself – will lead a small group through a short instruction, followed by a lab to build something. The sweet deal? Attendance is free, and upon completion of the event, participants who didn’t previously know how to code will have built their very own landing page. Instructors and others who attend will have the chance to mingle with some power-house developers and companies in Houston.

More info on this blurg.

- jesse

PS: Invite people to come and learn, and be a part.
PPS: I need peeps of all skill level to help instruct and mentor
PPPS: htown!
Sammy L.
codeodor
Richmond, TX
Post #: 7
I just signed up as an experienced coder. See you there!