Come hear world-renowned guest speakers talk about cosmology, paleontology, geology, evolution, as well as the importance of science education for our nation's youth at "Answers In Science: What On Earth Do We Know?"
This event will provide a scientific counterpoint to some of the radical, pseudo-scientific claims that are out there (e.g. that the universe is less than 7,000 years old, and that dinosaurs co-existed with humanity) and explain what the science actually tells us regarding the history of the Earth and history of the universe, all taking place at one of the world's top paleontology halls at the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
- University of Minnesota Biologist and founder/author of "Pharyngula", Dr. PZ Myers
- Secular activist, creator "Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism", and blogger of "Ace of Clades", AronRa
- Host of "The n0nes" and co-blogger of "Ace of Clades", Sister Lilandra
- Science advocate and Rice University student Zack Kopplin (via teleconference)
- Former pastor, Clergy Project graduate, and Executive Director of Houston Oasis, Mike Aus
- Petroleum geochemist for an independent oil and gas producer, Jonathan Madren
- President Texas Freedom Network, Kathy Miller
This event will be taking place in the Moran Lecture Hall, located directly below the Morian Hall of Paleontology. After entering the museum, proceed to the entrance to the General Exhibits and tell the attendant that you are there to attend "Answers In Science", and they will let you through.
All attendees will have free admission to all of the Houston Museum of Natural Science's permanent exhibits, including the recently constructed Morian Hall of Paleontology. The museum closes at 6 PM, so you will have at least an hour after the talks to enjoy the museum. Parking in the garage will also be validated free of charge.
Admission is free, with a suggested donation of $10. Donations can be made in advance via Paypal payment using this link (please indicate that donation is for "Answers In Science"), and all donors of $10 or more will be given priority admission on the day of the event.
Please arrive early as space is limited to the first 220 attendees.
UPDATE: In collaboration with Atheists Helping the Homeless, we will be holding a donation drive at Answers In Science for toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss). Simply bring the items with you to the museum and into the lecture hall, where we will have a designated location to drop off the donations. All donations will then be distributed directly to the homeless via the Atheists Helping the Homeless Houston chapter!