addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Houston Skeptic Society Message Board › New Meetup: Worldwide 10:23 "Mass Overdose" of Homeopathic Remedies

New Meetup: Worldwide 10:23 "Mass Overdose" of Homeopathic Remedies

Naomi
user 7881900
Spring, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for Greater Houston Skeptic Society!

What: Worldwide 10:23 "Mass Overdose" of Homeopathic Remedies

When: Saturday, February 5, 2011 10:00 AM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Save the Date!

Following up in last year's Mass Overdose by the Merseyside UK Skeptics, a new 10:23 Campaign is being organized for February 5, worldwide. You can see a film of one of the many demonstrations here­.

The James Randi Educational Foundation is coordinating grassroots skeptics groups to participate. We will be receiving kits that help us get some press attention, choose a location (probably in front of a chain pharmacy that sells homeopathic stuff like Walgreens or CVS), and talking points for interviews. As I receive these, I'll update.

Anyone who can volunteer to film our demonstration for You-Tube will be appreciated. I have a camera we can use. Please invite your friends - the bigger crowd we have, the more publicity.

Location to be determined. Time - we'll start the 'overdose' at 10:23 a.m, but ask that people congregate about 10:10 at the latest. Afterwards, we will retire to a pub for lunch and discussions

Homeopathy - there's nothing in it!

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 14
Considering the fact that the "bath Salt " that is labeled as white lighting is an insecticide and not intended for human use i find the randi report to be using propaganda style tactics.

Also I find a misleading reporting slant on homeopathic medicine. I spent five years of my life on Caddo and Cherokee Indian reservations and understand a lot more than most about Use of plants and homeopathic medicine. Yes you can turn around and say "there is nothing in it" however I have years of proof that it does work. What does not work is people whom do not know what they are doing or how to administer it correctly. Tea tree oil has been used as antiseptic and pyrythen or better known as Wild Chrysanthemum Absolute Oil. This and other essential oils have been used even before the chain pharmacy even was around. There is a reason people went to an individual whom knew what the proper dosing was for the person because it varies with weight and hight of person just like any other medicine. Yes it is accepted as medicine
http://findarticles.c...­

It can be further argued that education is key in the administrating of homeopathic medicine just as A.M.A has standards such standards should be place upon homeopathy practitioners outside of Indian reservations.

A former member
Post #: 1,135
Any particular reason why this was canceled? Lack of interest perhaps?
Naomi
user 7881900
Spring, TX
Post #: 66
I think you are confusing 'homeopathic' with 'natural' which are not the same thing.
Naomi
user 7881900
Spring, TX
Post #: 67
David, yes, it was cancelled because only 4 peopled submitted RSVP, and since there is about a 50% no-show on RSVPs, I simply did not want to contact the media and have a demonstration with only 2-3 people.