Greater Houston Skeptic Society Message Board › They Don't Really Believe In May 21st! Let's GO VIRAL!!!‏

They Don't Really Believe In May 21st! Let's GO VIRAL!!!‏

Closed to new replies

Mark R.
user 6328073
Dickinson, TX
Post #: 2
I thought this might be relevant here! Some communications i've been having with those who say it's the end of the world as we know it, in just A FEW DAYS! The following reads in order from the bottom up. -Mark
---

Judgment Day May 21, 2011
Dear eBibleFellowship, WeCanKnow, FamilyRadio, and all,
So far eBibleFellowship and WeCanKnow have ignored my repeated requests that they put their money where their mouth is and sign over their properties to myself, a skeptic of their claims, say on May 22nd or 23rd, May 21st being the last chance for salvation and the day of rapture for true believers, according to their ardent claims. By signing over their properties to myself, a skeptic, they are demonstrating that they truly believe they will have no need of their properties following May 21st. This is not about me trying to prove to them they are not correct, or trying to prove to myself they are not correct, or them trying to prove to me they are correct--let's just assume none of us are going to change our minds (except perhaps after May 21st, that is). Since they claim to believe in (be confident of) what they are saying and I don't believe in their claims I have asked them to make a "Pascal's Wager" with me. I of course wish to acquire their properties and benefit from their false claims. And *if* they really wish for others to take their claims seriously, then they can say they are truly willing to put their money where their mouth is, and for that others can take them more seriously, after all, if they are correct, they have nothing to loose, and credibility to gain!!!
|
Since so far they have continued to ignore my repeated requests to demonstrate the trueness and honesty of their beliefs (especially their main leader, Harold Camping), I am requesting that this email to go viral, to demonstrate that these organizations are not willing to put their money/property where their mouth is, that they are of little faith in their claims. Please forward this to all your friends and request your friends also forward to all their friends, and so on, so that this message will go viral. Should eBibleFellowship and WeCanKnow (especially leaders Harold Camping, and other leaders or dedicated members) decide to sign over their properties to myself, and perhaps even other skeptics I can submit to them, I will put forward another viral email to acknowledge that they have done so, that they have put their money where their mouth is, they have decided that their message is more important than their wealth after May 21st, and because they have put their money where their mouth is, someone that is willing to risk loss to bring a message is probably someone better to be listening to.
|
Hypothetically, it is also possible, though I do not claim it the case, that some leaders or those associated with these organizations hope to reap material wealth by receiving lots of money or property from gullible followers sending them lots of wealth, perhaps even basically all their wealth, in order to "get the message out". Should WeCanKnow and eBibleFellowship and FamilyRadio, especially Harold Camping (or even followers) decide to sign over their wealth to myself, a skeptic of their claims, they are saying they are truly not concerned about their own possessions or any worldly possessions they have acquired from others in the process of getting their message out, after May 21st, because they truly believe in their message that Christ will return on May 21st, the last chance of salvation. Also they would be saying that they are not afraid of skeptics like me because they are confident in their message, that their message is the message of Jesus!
|
Please forward to all your friends so this message can go viral. Perhaps if you are curious you can also email these organizations separately to ask them why they are not participating in this wager, what they are afraid of, because I would really like to know and they have certainly not explained that to me! By doing so you can help in making these organizations accountable to their claims. I provide you their publicly available contact information. Thank you.
Mark
----------
http://www.familyradi...­
For more information call toll free 1-800-543-1495
or e-mail:
familyradio@familyradio.org
webservant@familyradio.org
info@familyradio.org
----------
http://www.ebiblefell...­ (online form)
----------
http://www.wecanknow....­ (online form)
----------
Judgment Day May 21, 2011

To: ebfresponse@gmail.com
CC:
Subject: RE: How Much Do You Believe Christ Returns on May 21?
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 05:08:41 +0000

Dear eBibleFellowship/WeCanKnow and all,
My intention for this reply is not just for the reading of the secretary, but for the leader(s) of your organizations in particular, and those with deep involvement, for you, the secretary presumably, to present to your leaders to respond to me, and should they not respond you can wonder why! It seems that making End-Time Prophesies did not hurt the Jehovah's Witnesses, 7th Day Adventists, or Hal Lindsey. So what is to say that if your biblically argued claims fail that you have much to loose! You will just claim you made a miscalculation and keep going on, and maybe even become more popular. That is very unfair!!! If you really believe that your prophesies are based on the bible then you can demonstrate the serious of your belief to others by wagering your properties to myself, a skeptic. Should you not be willing to make such a wager, then you really *effectively* do not believe others should take you seriously, because you are not willing to give up your possessions for the sake of your Jesus. Why should anyone listen to you if you are not willing to risk personal comfort for your beliefs. I am a skeptic and my intentions are clear! I am not asking you to persuade (prove) me of anything--that is not what this is about! I wish to acquire your property for my personal security/benefit/wealth and to avoid debt. Shall we make this wager? Do you wish to prove your sincerity of your beliefs by your willingness to risk personal comfort for your faith. Myself and many on my email list are anxiously awaiting your kind reply. I submit to you that others will better take the time to listen to what you have to say if you are willing to wager your personal comfort for what you truly believe. Thank you for your time and kind consideration.
Sincerely,
Mark Russell

To: ebfresponse@gmail.com
CC:
Subject: RE: How Much Do You Believe Christ Returns on May 21?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:23:46 +0000

Dear eBibleFellowship/WeCanKnow and all,
It has been about a couple of days since I wrote to eBibleFellowship (along with my list of readers) and so far they have not replied. So far they have not been able to show that they believe so much in their claims (biblical?) that they are willing to take a significant risk to do so. There are SO MANY competing for your attention, saying listen to me over here, no listen to him over there, no listen to her over here! How could you decide what you should listen to!? eBibleFellowship and WeCanKnow are among those making claims they claim to believe everyone should be listening to. My proposition that one way you can decide who you should be listening to, and I think most anyone would agree, is based on WHO IS TAKING THE MOST RISK[too long]