Greater Houston Skeptic Society Message Board › Neil deGrasse Tyson at UH September 10

Neil deGrasse Tyson at UH September 10

Closed to new replies

Naomi
user 7881900
Spring, TX
Hello everyone!

This is a 'do it yourself' meeting. biggrin

Dr. Tyson author, spoke at The Amazing Meeting 6 as a keynote speaker, and totally rocked the audience! You may have seen him on Nova, or heard his interviews on a skeptic-oriented podcast, or seen him on one of FIVE appearances on the Colbert Report!

He'll be speaking at the University of Houston, courtesy of our local PBS station. PBS members can get tickets for $20, and the general public for $25. A link is here:

The talk starts at 7:00 p.m., and is open seating. I'm going to arrive a bit early to get a good seat. Hope to see you there!

Naomi

A former member
Post #: 1
Will be there as well. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Lyle S.
lets_roll
Houston, TX
Post #: 219
If you make this event a join-able event on the calendar...maybe we could meet up....? smile
A former member
Post #: 1
I've purchased my ticket and I've mentioned this event in the Cosmo.Sphere blog.

http://www.chron.com/...­
Chad
user 2326513
Katy, TX
Post #: 700
Heh, if anyone hasn't noticed. He's giving a talk the same day the ( Read: fantasy dooms day machine ) Large Hadron Collider will do its first test!

He may have a witty opening statement.