addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Houston Skeptic Society Message Board › Kansas vs Darwin

Kansas vs Darwin

Closed to new replies

Jason
user 8116710
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
There is going to be a screening of the documentary "Kansas vs Darwin" at the River Oaks theater on October 14th. Details can be found here. The movie covers the Kansas School boards attempt at changing the way that evolution was to be taught to a theory that is highly controversial and disputed. Not sure if I will be able to go yet, but it looks pretty interesting.
Naomi
user 7881900
Spring, TX
Post #: 11
There is going to be a screening of the documentary "Kansas vs Darwin" at the River Oaks theater on October 14th. Details can be found here. The movie covers the Kansas School boards attempt at changing the way that evolution was to be taught to a theory that is highly controversial and disputed. Not sure if I will be able to go yet, but it looks pretty interesting.

Thanks for posting this.

I will be gone this weekend, but I'd like to see it when I get back.
Lyle S.
lets_roll
Houston, TX
Post #: 239
http://www.tfn.org/...­

IN HOUSTON ONE NIGHT ONLY!

TUESDAY, OCT 14

7:00 P.M.
RIVER OAKS THEATER
2009 West Gray

Jeff Tamblyn
Director, Co-Writer, Co-Producer

As a writer, producer and director with more than 25 years in the film industry, Jeff Tamblyn recently waded into the nation's raging culture wars with his first feature film: Kansas vs Darwin. This riveting documentary takes you inside the hearings held in 2005 by the Kansas State Board of Education -- a religiously motivated kangaroo court that attempted to determine whether Darwin's long-held theory of evolution should be challenged in the public school science curriculum. At stake was, in effect, the definition of science for Kansas schoolchildren. The film introduces you to the characters who captured the world's attention: school board members who believe their literal interpretation of the Bible trumps modern scientific evidence and members of the "intelligent design" network who believe mainstream science is conspiring to suppress evidence that would overturn evolution.

IN HOUSTON TOMORROW! RESERVE YOUR SEATS NOW!
FREE ADMISSION, LIMITED SEATS! RSVP TODAY!