addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Houston Skeptic Society Message Board › Submit your public comment on the Texas State Board of Education proposed ra

Submit your public comment on the Texas State Board of Education proposed radical changes to what children learn in history class.

A former member
Post #: 92
Subject: Don't mess with Textbooks!

Dear Friend,

Last month, the far-right ideologues on the Texas State Board of Education proposed radical changes to what children learn in history class. The ultra-conservative majority on the board (none of whom are experts in any academic discipline and many of whom are explicitly anti-science) took the curricula proposed by teachers and made more than 100 changes to "correct" the perceived left-wing bias.

Now, the state has opened a public comment period on the proposed changes. It's time for Texas residents to overwhelmingly speak out against the proposed changes.

Don't allow a small group of extreme ideologues to re-write history. Submit your public comment today urging the SBOE to delay adopting the final standards until real historians can have input.

I just submitted my comment -- will you join me? Just click the link below to get started.

http://act.credoactio...­