addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater Houston Skeptic Society Message Board › New Meetup: Christopher Hitchens at Brazos Bookstore July 8

New Meetup: Christopher Hitchens at Brazos Bookstore July 8

Naomi
user 7881900
Spring, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for Greater Houston Skeptic Society!

What: Christopher Hitchens at Brazos Bookstore

When: Thursday, July 8, 2010 7:00 PM

Where:
Brazos Bookstore
2421 Bissonnet
Houston, TX 77005

Christopher Hitchens will be appearing at the Brazos Bookstore on Bissonnet, giving a talk and promoting his new book Hitch-22: A Memoir.

Hitchens at Brazos Bookstore

NOTE: As organizer, I will not be attending since this is at the same time as The Amaz!ng Meeting. If someone wishes to be a point person for everyone to meet at the location, please let me know and I'll update the calendar.

Radical English-American author Christopher Hitchens has a prolific career that has spanned over four decades. He is the author of such bestsellers as The Portable Atheist and Letters to a Young Contrarian. Mr. Hitchens is a regular contributor to The Atlantic Monthly, Slate, and Vanity Fair.

The author became a U.S. citizen in 2007 and was named one of the "25 Most Influential Liberals in the U.S. Media" by Forbes in 2009. His latest book, Hitch-22: A Memoir is the story of his life, lived large.

Hitchens has written The Missionary Position about Mother Theresa, Why God is Not Great and numerous other best sellers.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­