WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
This group is pretty simple. Meet other people in their 20’s and early 30's and do fun stuff. ITS FREE.
HOW MEETUP EVENTS WORK
WHY I DO THIS
- The organizer or an assistant organizer does all the planning and sends out an email telling you to RSVP.
- You RSVP either Yes or NO. If advance payment is required you do that online (i.e. concert tickets, etc).
- You show up, meet everyone and have a good time!!
- After the event you will get an email asking you to rate it. We like for you to do that so we know if we should do it again or not.
- If you brought your camera and took pictures you can post those with the event. We LOVE for everyone to do this. PICTURES ARE FUN!!!
My great friend started this group because she needed people to do stuff with. She was new to Houston and wanted to meet people. I’m guessing that those are the same reasons you joined! She has since past the torch on to some of the members and that brings us to now!!
WHAT DOES THE ORGANIZER DO?
Organizers are just random people who pay meetup.com so that we can use their website to lure other random people out to meet with us.
We really have no responsibilities. Anything we do with the group we do just because we feel like it. But generally we welcome members, plan events, and answer questions.
WHAT DO ASSISTANT ORGANIZERS DO?
Co-Organizers are just the same as the Organizer its just that Meetup.com only allows you to have one Organizer listed.
Assistant organizers are members that plan and host independent events. Like the orgainzer, they have no real obligations. They do what they want to do. It’s fun to be an assistant! If you’re interested in planning an event then send me a message or talk to me about it.
HOW DOES ADVANCE PAYMENT WORK?
You will have to pay for the event when you RSVP using Amazon accounts only. It's easy to do. You can use bank draft, debit, or credit. I will not take cash, PayPal or anything else. This saves hassle and makes it easy and fast to
give you a refund.
WILL GET A REFUND
if you cancel by the specified date, or if the event is canceled or rescheduled. That last day for a refund will be according to when the organizer can get a refund on what they have paid to organize the event. It will be clearly posted so that you know.
ALL FEES YOU PAY GO DIRECTLY TO THE COST OF THE EVENT.
THIS IS NOT A FEE FOR THE ORGANIZER PLANNING THE EVENT!!
ADVANCE PAYMENT IS ONLY REQUIRED WHEN WE ARE PURCHASING THINGS AS A GROUP.
THERE WILL BE MANY FREE EVENTS OR EVENTS WHERE YOU PAY INDIVIDUALLY ON ARRIVAL. You can always choose to attend only these if you don't want to pay for things in advance