|Sent on:||Friday, September 9, 2011 7:23 AM|
I just want to reach out to all our members and ask if everyone is ok? If you are affected by the fires or know some one who needs help please let us know. We are cancelling our classes and opening our Yoga Studio & Retreat Center's doors to Wild Fire Evacuees. If you need a place to go to please let us know. [address removed]
We have also taken in displaced dogs from the wild fire to help out another rescue that had to evacuate. They are safe and sound here at the Pure Mutts Animal Sanctuary.
We are also working to connect people who need housing and people who have housing available and would like to provide it free of charge or at discounted rate. If you have a rental home, studio, apartment, town house etc and would like to rent it to displaced people in our community at discounted rate please email - [address removed]. They are providing the service free. No commission will be charged.
If you are not affected and would like to help -
1) We need dog food, Dog bowls, Dog beds
2) We need volunteers to come and prepare food for volunteers and Fire Fighters.
3) We need furniture to furnish the temporary homes for people who have lost everything.
4) Bedding, bed sheets, pillows comforters etc.
5) Small aplliances, pots and pans, dishes, cups, glasses, utencils etc.
6) Water Botteles, small TVs, DVD players etc for the kids to keep them occupied
7) Activity books for kids. Kids clothes
8) Energy bars for fire fighters.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OFF.
Please be kind and only bring new or used items that are in good condition. Think before you bring it, if you won't use it please don't bring it.
Please be safe and let us know if you need help or if yu can help.