Hudson Valley Walk with Donkeys Message Board › Minnewaska Hike on Saturday, Aug 24.

Minnewaska Hike on Saturday, Aug 24.

Steve S.
user 99324202
Group Organizer
Ulster Park, NY
Hi All:
The weather is looking good for a nice hike tomorrow!

Based on John's research and experience there (thanks, John!), I'm opting for us starting from the lower parking area.    I've not found a clear set of directions on their website, but you can plug in the following address in your GPS and that will get you close to the main entrance:

5281 Route 44-55, Kerhonkson, NY

Presuming everyone is coming from the east,  once you reach this point on your GPS, you can just continue until you see the park entrance on the left.   It looks like the entrance could be another 1/2 mile or so, so don't worry if you don't immediately see it.   Enter the park and then keep to the right to get to the lower parking lot.

If someone has better directions, share them with me and I'll forward to the group.

Here's a link to the park website following by a specific link to a PDF of a map of the park:

http://nysparks.com/p...­
http://nysparks.com/p...­

Also, take my phone number so that you can reach me on the road: xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I do not like keeping the donkeys parked in the trailer, so I will try to get there as close to 11 as possible which means I might be a few minutes late.  If I'm later than 10 mins, give me a call.

I would expect that we'll be hiking for at least 2 hours.

See you tomorrow!
Steve
Eugeniya
Eugeniya
Glen Rock, NJ
Post #: 27
Hi Steve,
Is anyone passing by Glen Rock, NJ?
I would love to join the group and see the donkeys.

Thanks.
Eugeniya
Steve S.
user 99324202
Group Organizer
Ulster Park, NY
Post #: 9
Hi Steve,
Is anyone passing by Glen Rock, NJ?
I would love to join the group and see the donkeys.
Hi Eugeniya: As it turned out, we didn't end up hiking at Minnewaska. They didn't allow the donkeys without each having a coggins test. This is a test that tests for equine infectious enemia and is intended as protection for all equines visiting the park. So, we ended up walking on the Walkill River Rail Trail instead. I'll be re-scheduling Minnewaska as soon as I get the coggins tests done and then hopefully there will be enough lead time for people to arrange car pools.