addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Hudson Valley Walk with Donkeys Message Board › Donkstock 2013! (Feedback and Suggestions)

Donkstock 2013! (Feedback and Suggestions)

Steve S.
user 99324202
Group Organizer
Ulster Park, NY
Post #: 10
Update Oct 20: This topic was originally started for planning DonkStock 2013, but we can now use it for feedback and suggestions for next year.

Hi All. I'm starting this discussion so we can do a little planning for this event. I've hosted plenty of BBQ's for neighbors, but I need to delegate more and we have a lot of capable people who can probably help me make it a bit better. So, I'm looking for thoughts on the following:

• Food we need and who's bringing what. I have a grill and several large coolers.
  • Activities (donkey and non-donkey). Absolutely NO pin the tail on the donkey. smile
  • Things we need (chairs, etc). I've got eight lawn chairs and will have plenty of hay bales. I've got two 12'x12' canopies. I've got a few folding tables.
  • Your ideas!

Feel free to drive the discussion without me, I can always raise a flag if I see an idea pop up that won't fly.

Note: in addition to those signed up, I'll be inviting a couple of neighbors and a few donkey friends from outside the meetup group.
Rosita C.
user 25667712
New Milford, CT
Post #: 1
HI Steve, I have been in several potluck BBQs and my experience is that everyone brings more they can eat, so i think that may be we could compromise some way and some people could bring food, and some that don't have the time to cook can bring the paper goods or drinks. Could you start a list of needs and we can all put our names next of what we can bring? Is this a good idea?
Miss Fast and Furious (Rosita)
Dace
user 111181662
Ulster Park, NY
I don't have any chairs i could bring.
Christina F.
user 86220472
Kingston, NY
I have some fold up camp chair I could bring.
Dace
user 111181662
Ulster Park, NY
Post #: 2
I will bring some fruit for desert.