align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Hudson Valley Walk with Donkeys Message Board › Which donkeys?

Which donkeys?

Steve S.
user 99324202
Group Organizer
Ulster Park, NY
Hi All:
By Saturday morning, I'll have updated this site with more specific information regarding where to meet for the hike.    When I can, I always try to drive out and see what the situation will be for parking the trailer and getting the donkeys out safely.   That can sometimes change where we meet from the default parking location advertised for the trail.     So, check back tomorrow.

The forecast is calling for a chance of rain on Sunday, so we need to keep an eye on that and see what develops.

In the meantime, I'm trying to decide which donkeys to bring and I thought I'd throw it out to you guys for your input.   With the size of my trailer, I can only bring four.   And, for various reasons, it's best to keep them in pairs.    So, please let me know which pairs you'd like me to bring.   Following are your choices, please pick your first and second preference.  Let me know if you need pictures to help identify them:

• Flint (grey, smart) and Flame (reddish brown, affectionate)  (2 year olds)
  • Romper and Stomper  (dark brown and dark grey brothers)
  • Indy and Dakota (white/spotted donkeys)

Sweetie Pie, my grey, 23 year old, always stays home.

You can email me, but I'd prefer you post here to this discussion board.  Passion and hyperbole and undermining each other's preferences are all good fun.  :-)    I'm going to ignore your requests and bring whom I want anyway!   Just kidding! wink

Steve
John M.
Mortuis
Poughkeepsie, NY
Post #: 3
I vote Romper and Stomper because I'm selfish and like Romper. Indy and Dakota to balance out my selfishness, since they haven't been on as many hikes.
Reeya B.
user 13153548
Beacon, NY
Post #: 1
I vote for Flint & Flame and Romper & Stomper!
Dace
user 111181662
Ulster Park, NY
Post #: 6
I would like to walk Rumper & Stumper & Dakota & India
richard
blucoyo
Hyde Park, NY
Post #: 5
I'd like R&S,D&I
Do the donkeys have a say in this?
:)