Hudson Valley Skeptics Message Board › A Mid-Month, Mid-Week Meeting

A Mid-Month, Mid-Week Meeting

Arthur W.
user 124697122
Clinton Corners, NY
Post #: 18
Dan has been told that an evening meeting would be better for some. His schedule doesn't allow the time at the moment but mine does. So I'm going to suggest June 19th from 6 'till we're done.

A personal review of my last half year with the Skeptics.

Dan has initiated this group under the rubric (ocher as a writing material [for headlines] ) of Skepticism. I come to this group with a desire to improve my Linguist Analysis, although without an academic overlay. Forty years ago when my primary credentials were fresh, I would have adhered to Phenomenology if pressed for a category. Others have come as Humanists, Atheists and Rationalist.

Over the last few months, I've tried to learn more about how this site works and how various folks might use it. It's late now. I think I can add to and edit this piece over the next few days(I think this post went up late in the evening on the 10th). Cheers, Arthur

I have a few moments here in the afternoon of the 12th to make a note. I'm thinking about a reply to Shaun's question. Also I went down to the park after I dropped some folks off for the train. The north half of the park is quite soiled with goose droppings, although the goslings are fun to watch a bit. I think we should meet by the South parking and picnicking area at the bottom of Main Street.

Friday the 13th a day of Fear

Or Good Friday when I again sacrifice my selfishness to the Commons, Paladin that I may dream of.
Back to the last few months, this site and Shaun. Shaun, I don't have a subject yet for the 19th. I often enjoy looking for jewels in the sand, which is how I learned of Serendip not from the Persians directly. I enjoy both the accident and sagacity. I do however have an objective.

the 14th

I heard an interesting radio piece within the last month on the mind body discussion although I haven't located the segment yet. I have, however, located the research upon which radio piece was based. As a summary the radio piece is much easier to assimilate. For reason quicker to explain verbally, I also learned a bit about one of the researchers and one of his critics. This leads into a RadioLab podcast on the degradation of scientific progress vis-a-vie peer review.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
­

The following video is in part an experiment in posting and in part a question. Who, not what, are the other beings that we share the planet with? Particularly the later half of the video in the skate park. https://www.youtube.c...­
Shaun J.
Shaun2000
High Falls, NY
Post #: 7
What is the subject of this meeting?
Arthur W.
user 124697122
Clinton Corners, NY
Post #: 19
By answering Shaun here, this site should email those so configured to an update. An editing of my initial post does not seem to initiate a notification.
Dan L.
DanLackaye
Group Organizer
Poughkeepsie, NY
Post #: 47
Rather than editing, I think then you should just reply. I don't imagine you'll get them to change when they send the notifications.
Arthur W.
user 124697122
Clinton Corners, NY
Post #: 20
Morning Dan, The meeting announcement directs people to the Discussion pages for various reasons. My response to Shawn was to redirect him. Possibly 90 to 95% of the hits on that page are my edits and additions (a combination of information, musings, creativity, and the discipline of ~ ~ ~ measure twice, cut once as I learned in the trades (and my contribution, start long and use mistakes for short). I don't know if I can have my email set for notifications of Conversations in the Meeting Announcements (but this sites "sidebar" does that for me anyway). Editing there appears to require copy/delete/repost which I haven' tried yet. (15th)

I now perceive that I introduced confusion by titling the Discussion the same as the Meeting. Another lesson as I try and learn this site.