Kaaterskill Falls is one of the true marvels of the Hudson Valley. Depending on where people are coming from, this may be a bit far. For those interested in coming, we may want to do a carpool from a different location (Kingston or Saugerties?)
We will be meeting at the UPPER falls trail (the parking for the lower falls trail is horrendous, but we may be able to get to it after). We'll meet at 10:30AM at the Upper Kaaterskill Falls trail. if you're using your GPS, set it for Laurel House Road, Haines Falls, NY.
Full Directions (assuming you are coming from south. If you're coming from North/West/East contact me for details):
• Take the NYS Thruway to Exit 20 (Saugerties).
• Follow signs for Route 32 North and take it for 6 miles.
• Continue on Route 32A (follow signs for Hunter/Palenville) for just under 2 miles.
• Turn left onto NY 23A (West) and go for 5 miles
• Turn right onto North Lake Road for just under 2 miles.
• Turn right onto Laurel House Road and continue to the end. There is parking on the end, and parking on the right side of the road.
• We will meet at the end of Laurel House Road, which is the start of the trail. Look for me (Paul), I'll be next to a bright blue Prius C.
More details on the hike: